Friday, August 1, 2008

San Diego Comic-Con exclusives still available


I've attended the San Diego Comic Con almost every year since I was a wee little boy. I remember my first year, back in 1988 when it was still at the old convention center and was pretty much only about comics. Now the SDCC has evolved into a pop-media phenomenon where everything from toys to video games to the latest Hollywood blockbusters are on display. Sadly, I was not able to attend this year, and am still quite bitter over it.
Because as toy fans know, the Con is the place to get some of the hottest exclusives of the year. But I recently discovered some of these exclusives are also obtainable after the Con (and I don't mean the inflated Ebay market that always exists for these toys.) I guess the word "exclusive" doesn't mean the same as it used to...

Hasbro.com is currently selling the two SDCC Transformers (Nemesis Prime & Skywarp) on their website at the same prices as the Con (plus roughly $5 shipping/handling).

Skywarp is listed for $19.99 and ships right away, while Nemesis Prime is $24.99 and ships on August 25.

Transformers Nemesis Prime SDCC Exclusive [Hasbro.com]
Transformers Skywarp SDCC Exclusive [Hasbro.com]

0 comments: